When results were declared, I was unable to absorb it. Even today, I sometimes feel that IISc would alter the results quoting an error. 🙂
This is how I reacted (copy-pasted from my Fb post):
After seeing my #GATEResults, I walked down the memory lane…
1. My parents supporting me through every thick and thin. My Mom and Dad asking me to resign the job and focus on my dreams.
I don’t know if I would ever be able to love them to the extent they love me.
2. My dearest sister Vaishali for being my Ramu kaka and preparing food for me at 3am during my preparation provided she was also appearing for the exam.
Vaishali you just cannot imagine how much you have made me proud.#AIR75 in Mechanical. Gold Medalist Automobile- DTU!!
3.My dearest friend Abhinav for having so much faith in me. You are the one who believed that I should not settle down with less than rank 1.
Abhinav your words meant a lot to me. Thank you so much.
4. My sister from another mother Prachi who used to get offended whenever someone questioned my dreams. I know how you backed me that time.
Thank you so much.
5. My bestie Shruti you were there when I had wanted an escape. You were always there.
Thank you so much.
Now some special memories which I didn’t let fade away…
person X: so you will do something after Gate exam like some MNC job?
me: I don’t think I will do that. I am leaving this MNC to prepare for GATE that’s it.
person X: but what will happen if you screw up your exam?
me: that day will never come.
person Y: I just cannot accept that you will not prepare for some exam like UPSC and leave job for GATE.
me: [frustrated] hmmm….
person Z: hey! let’s meet (provided I was there in DELHI for 3 months already)
me: no, I have to prepare for Gate, I am left with only 1 more month for Gate exam. we shall meet after that.
person Z: what exam! exam! exam! what will you do with gate!! you should join some MNC/NGO after the exam for your resume.
person M: what will you do with GATE? No one has achieved anything with it.
me: I have an interest in AI. I will do specialization in that.
person M: you will not get anything.
and much more………
To all these X, Y, Z, M etc…who thought I am dumb, stupid, crazy etc………… IN YOUR FACE!!
Once again.. Thank you all who supported me..you kept me going.. and special Thanks to those who didn’t for I know how to walk( read run) without you. 🙂
THANKS, PARENTS, TEACHERS, and FRIENDS 🙂
Apart from these assets, I thank:
- My brother Saurav – who introduced me to the world of computers. Even taught me C/C++. He didn’t sleep the night the results were declared due to sheer excitement.
- Delhi Technological University – my alma mater
- Victoria Girls’ Senior Secondary School – people who laid the foundation
- ACE & MADEEASY – test series and other stuff
- People who provide study material online free of cost
Did I mention, I have a dog who gave me a lot of dog therapies when I was not well? 🙂
To climb the ladder hard-work and perseverance is required, but to reach the top you need blessings.